Practically any business can be franchised and below you will find a snapshot of the market place we provide franchising services to.
Practically any business can be franchised. Small SME’s – these companies turnover up to £5m, are owner managed businesses and are looking to expand their businesses in the most economically beneficial way and that is Franchising. This is our main client base. As more and more people chose to run there own business franchise is booming please see opposite highlights from the 2009 NatWest BFA UK franchise survey. The annual survey monitors the performance, attitudes and opinions of the UK franchise sector and thereby builds up a larger picture of the contribution of franchising to the British economy and remains the leading study of franchising in the UK.
1. The franchise industry is now estimated to be worth £11.4 billion.
2. The overall number of franchise systems is 838, an increase of 3.6% on last year.
3. There are an estimated 467,000 people employed in franchising.
4. The average (mean) turnover for a franchised business is £326,000.
5. The vast majority (90%) of franchisees say their business is profitable.
6. Estimated start up costs have declined, as new entrants can expect to pay £50,400
in franchise fees and other associated costs.
7. Property services remains the largest sector. Personal Services is the second largest.